When I had the opportunity to try the Tom’s of Maine Silly Strawberry Toothpaste I jumped on it. My girls are 5 & 7 and actually LOVE to brush their teeth. Especially now that the toothpaste tastes yummy. Tom’s of Maine Silly Strawberry toothpaste gets its naturally sweet flavor from real strawberries. You can also get it with or without flouride.
Tips for getting your Kids to Brush (Source: Saveyoursmile.com):
- The key to getting your child to brush is to make it fun. Engage your children in the activity and make it seem like brushing is a fun thing to do rather than a chore. Your enthusiasm is contagious! If you are enthusiastic about the activity, your children will be enthusiastic.
- Brush along with your kids to show them how fun the activity can be. Sit with your child on the bathroom floor so he/she can see what you’re doing with the toothbrush and try to mimic.
- Allow your children to brush your teeth while laughing a lot and making it a fun activity. Then allow them to brush their own teeth. Always allow them to brush their own teeth and then follow up by brushing their teeth correctly.
- Have your child brush their favorite doll’s teeth before you brush theirs.
- Use only a pea-size amount of toothpaste on their toothbrush as larger amounts tend to create excessive foam making it more difficult for your child to brush.
- Make sure your child gets in the habit of spitting out the toothpaste. Most kids view spitting as the fun part.
- Make tooth brushing appear as an activity they are missing out on. Have mom and dad go up to the bathroom eager to brush. Laugh a lot and make a lot of noise. Soon your child will realize that they are missing out on something fun and will want to join in.
Strawberry Fun Facts (Source: Strawberryville.com):
- There are about 200 seeds on the outside of each strawberry.
- If you line up all of the strawberries grown in California in one straight line, they would wrap around the whole Earth 15 times!
- One acre of land (about the size of a football field) grows about 50,000 pounds of strawberries – that’s the same weight as 4 elephants.
We loved this toothpaste and will be buying it again.
Want to win a tube? Don’t worry you can buy it too, it is available at retailers nationwide and Tom’s of Maine donates 10% of its profits from all sales back to the community to help people and the planet.
Try the “Silly Strawberry Swap” challenge (swap this all natural toothpaste) and tell me if the kids liked it
Fill out the Form below to win
This review was made possible by Mom Spark Media. A product was sent for our honest review, no other compensation was received.