Call me selfish but I don't want to rush around and I certainly don't want to spend my holiday cooking and cleaning! So I don't. Over the years I have mastered how to have a relaxing holiday and I'm going to share my tips with you.
Here are 5 ways to have a Relaxing Easter Dinner.
1. Potluck – Why should you do all of the cooking? Have each family coming to celebrate bring a side and a dessert. I provide a couple of sides, a salad, drinks and the main dish. I'm not overwhelmed and there is always so much food.
2. Buffet Style – Set up a table and have everyone set the food on it. When it is time to eat everyone serves their self. It is less for me to worry about and everyone gets what they want.
3. Ready Made – I love homemade food and for the longest time I didn't think about buying anything pre-made. I am actually very very picky but there are some great options that are already prepared and all you have to do it put it in the oven for 15- 20 mins. No slaving all morning for me and the food is so good. I throw away the packaging and no one has any idea. I enjoy the sliced Turkey from HoneyBaked Ham. They have amazing sides and let's not forget dessert! I buy everything I need and then some for $75 (plenty of leftovers) and I enjoy my day!
4. Throw Away Dishes – No I'm not recommending buying solo cups but you can buy elegant disposable plates and silverware. My father-in-law had no idea until I told him to throw it away. You would have thought I kicked his dog. He even asked if I was sure.
5. Make Clean Up a Breeze – We throw away the plates, silverware, and cups but we still have pots and pans. I have a bin (or you can use a tote) and fill it up with soapy water. I rinse everything off and put it in the bin. I get to it when I feel like it.
Am I lazy? Absolutely not! I want to go egg hunting, watch t.v. with my family, and enjoy my day just like everyone else. After spending holidays with me my mother-in-law who would use her fine china dishes started loosening up and following my tips. We ALL have a much better holiday.
- HoneyBaked offers premium products that are convenient and simple-to-serve.
- HoneyBaked offers a variety of easy and delicious Easter meal solutions.
- Serving ham for Easter is a special tradition. Serve the best tasting, quality ham your family will enjoy – HoneyBaked Ham.Check out this exclusive, limited-time offer so you can plan for your Easter meal
Offer valid 3.14.15 – 4.4.15. Must present coupon at time of purchase to receive offer. May not be combined with any other offer. One coupon per person at participating retail store locations. While supplies last.
Sponsored content from HoneyBaked Ham. All opinions are my own.