Yes, toothpaste is important for keeping your teeth clean as a whole, but it also has many interesting uses around the house. Especially if you are trying to save money. Buying cleaning products for every little thing can get expensive so I started learning how to use household products for other things.
These top 5 are my favorite ways to use toothpaste I am sure there are a ton more that I have yet to try.
- Clean carpet stains: Scrub stains with toothpaste and brush until they disappear. You might have to rinse and repeat several times but it does really work. But don't wait until the stain has been there forever it will be harder to get out.
- Crayon marks on walls: Put a dab of toothpaste on damp cloth rub on area with mark repeat steps until gone. Test a small spot at first because some colors may remove easier than others.
- White tennis shoes: Put a dab of toothpaste on a damp cloth rub gently in area where you want to remove dirt then wipe clean. Even if you have a pair of color tennis that have a white bottom works great for that too worked perfectly.
- Food smells on hands: When cutting onions I always try and pass that job off to someone else I hate that smell .You can wash your hands over and over and they still smell. Until one day I tried toothpaste. Put a dab in your hands rub together wash and rinse no more onion smell it also works great with fishy smells too.
- Polish silver: From forks spoons to candle holders go from drab to shinny. Apply toothpaste on damp cloth rub small areas at a time until done then wipe off clean.