596 Flares 596 Flares ×
Apple-Oatmeal Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies
I make breakfast every morning for the family. It is my ‘thing’. I want to make sure they get a good start to their day. Sometimes I make waffles and eggs with bacon, other times pancakes but they always get it.
Sometimes we are on the go and we have to grab something like cereal bars. If I know we have to jet early and fast I like to make these apple-oatmeal cinnamon breakfast cookies. Cookies aren’t just for a snack, especially when they have delicious ingredients like apples, oatmeal, and cinnamon. They also make a perfect, on the go breakfast. They are also healthy and quite tasty.
My kids give them a thumbs up!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (I use swerve, it is stevia based without the aftertaste)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and ¾ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 medium apple (peeled, cored, and chopped into small pieces)
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a handheld mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla, making sure to mix well after each ingredient.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Mix in the oats, then the chopped apple until fully combined.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silipat mat.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and scoop two tablespoon sized pieces of dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Baked at 350 for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.