These Chocolate-Topped Linzer Cookies are delicious and easy to make.
Prep Time: 45min.
Total Time: 2hr. 17min.
Servings: 24 servings, 1 cookie each
What You Need
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1/8 tsp. each ground cinnamon, ground cloves and ground nutmeg
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups plus 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar, divided
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup PLANTERS Slivered Almonds, finely ground
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 oz. BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- Combine flour and spices. Beat butter and 1 cup sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add egg yolks; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Add nuts; mix well. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into ball; flatten slightly. Wrap individually in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Roll out 1 dough piece on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness; cut into 24 rounds with 2-1/2 inch cookie cutter, rerolling dough scraps as necessary. Transfer to baking sheets. Use 1-inch round cookie cutter to cut out centers from 12 rounds. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 10 to 12 min. or until edges are golden brown. Cool on baking sheets 3 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Spread jam over whole cookies. Use fine-mesh strainer to evenly sprinkle 1 Tbsp. of the remaining sugar over remaining cookies; place, sugar sides up, over jam-topped cookies.
- Melt chocolate as directed on package. Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy. Beat in chocolate, then remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Spoon heaping teaspoon of the chocolate mixture onto center of each cookie. Let stand 10 min. or until chocolate is firm.
Sweets can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
How to Store
Store cookies in airtight containers at room temperature.
How to Grind Almonds
Use pulsing action to process almonds in food processor until finely ground.