It is fun to make pumpkins out of unusual items. When you give this easy felt pumpkin craft a try, you can make your own fall pumpkin out of soft and fuzzy felt. It is a fun and budget friendly way to get into the fall season, while getting creative and crafty at the same time. Take a peek below at how you can get started.
1 sheet of orange felt
Green ribbon or felt
I found everything we needed at our local craft and dollar store. The size foam ball you use will
depend on the size pumpkin you wish to create. We used a medium size and it was perfect.
1. Begin by cutting the felt into 1 inch squares. They don’t have to be perfectly even, just all generally the same size is great.
2. Place the felt squares on the foam ball one at a time. Poke the sharp pencil tip into the center of the felt piece. It will press the piece of felt down into the foam, leaving it secure and in place.
3. Repeat the process, this time adding a new piece of felt and pressing it next to the piece you just attached.
4. Continue adding felt pieces until the entire foam ball is covered. If you see any bare spots, simply add in another piece of felt.
5. Finish the pumpkin by snipping some green felt or green ribbon and gluing it to the top of the pumpkin.
See how easy it is to make your own easy felt pumpkin? Give this fun fall craft a try!