Are you looking for a fun family activity? Check out this fun project from our contributor Fran from Fran’s World of Discovery
In Fran’s world, education is interesting, the choices are endless and everyone learns at their own pace, in a way that works for them.
We started having fun folding paper when my oldest child was about 6 years old and we’ve been finding ways to incorporate it into our lives ever since. One year we added origami presents and cranes to a Christmas tree, another we offered a bunch of holiday related folding projects for a craft program to those who wanted something different to do.
Here are some of the other ways we have used the paper folding projects…
In a diorama.
To make a holiday scene.
Hang them on the tree.
Decorate a present.
Decorate the house.
Tip: Any sized paper can be used to make the projects, but make sure the paper you use is even on all sides, crooked paper will not give good results.
Note: Copy paper can be decorated with markers, stamps and crayons, wrapping paper can be used, as can pages from magazines and newspapers. Origami paper can be found in craft and retail stores and on line in a variety of designs and sizes. Origami Way offers a printable origami paper that can be *downloaded from the site.
*Please use caution when downloading off the Internet.
I hope you find the following paper folding projects as enjoyable as we do. Unless otherwise noted, all the projects below offer illustrated instructions. Videos are also offered below.
Turn a origami balloon into a present by stamping or coloring the paper before folding, and adding a ribbon around it after it has been blown up.Santa
There are a variety of Christmas trees available to choose from.
Illustrated instruction for a dove made from a 8″ round doillie.
Choose to view instructions as a diagram or as an animation.Weaved Place Mat
Not origami, but it is a paper craft.
Use crayons or markers to color flag as desired.
Holiday Origami Videos
1. Santa Claus 8:20
2. Braided Star (Maria Sinayskaya) 10:59
3. How to Make a Paper Star 3:57
4. Origami Christmas Lights 17:14
5. Origami Christmas Santa Boot Videos 3:53
6. Wreath and Candy Cane 9:26
7. Advent Wreath with Candle
8. Christmas Candle Stick 6:13
9. How to Make a Paper Crane 8:47
10.How To Make A Paper Santa Hat 4:23
11. How To Make a Paper Christmas Tree 3:04
12. How to fold Santa in his Sleigh 4:45
13. How to make an Origami Reindeer 7:14
14. How to Make an Easy Origami Star Box 4:30
15. Origami Box 7:21
16. Origami Chalice/Goblet/Cup HD (Intermediate Tutorial)
17. Origami Dreidel 9:29
18. How to make an Origami Star of David 15:46
19. Corn Origami 1:58
20. Origami Winter Tree Tutorial (Tim Rickman) 10:01
21. How To Make An Origami Snowman 5:21
22. How to make an Origami Snowflake 9:38
23. How to Make a Paper Balloon (Water Bomb) 8:00
Can be used to make a present.
24. How to Make a Paper Popper! (Easy) 9:22
Great for New Years Eve!
25. How To – Make A Paper Banger 3:22
Great for New Years Eve!