I’m desperately trying to add more protein into my diet and chicken is easy. You can do so many different things with it. This Organic Chicken & Quinoa salad with mushrooms & broccoli is packed with protein from both the chicken and the quinoa. I love the fact that I can eat it hot or cold so it is perfect for year round eating.
Organic Chicken & Quinoa Salad with Mushrooms & Broccoli
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 55 minutes
Total: 65 minutes
• 2 Large Organic Chicken Breasts
• 1 5oz. Pkg. Gluten-Free Hodgson Mill Quinoa & Brown Rice (Garlic & Herb)
• ½ Cup BelGioioso Shredded Parmesan Cheese
• ½ Bag of Organic Woodstock Shitake Mushrooms
• ½ Bag of Organic Cascadian Farm Broccoli Florets
• 1/3 Organic Chopped Red Onion
• 1 tbsp. Organic Lime
• 1 Organic Chopped Garlic Clove (optional)
• 1 tsp. Simply Organic Garlic Powder
• 1 tsp. Simply Organic Onion Powder
• ¼ Stick Horizon Organic Unsalted Butter
1. Boil 2 inches water in large pan. Add 2 large organic chicken breasts. Cook on high until water is halfway evaporated. Turn heat on medium to low. Brown and remove. Let cool. (Please note: poaching 2 large breasts of chicken will take approximately 20 minutes.)
2. Boil 1 ¾ cups water. Add contents of quinoa & brown rice packet. Stir well. Turn heat to low and cover. Simmer 14-15 minutes. Make sure liquid is absorbed, but do not overcook. Remove from heat, stir and let stand.
3. Cut chicken into small pieces. Chop onion and garlic clove.
4. In same large pan chicken was cooked in, sauté frozen shitake mushrooms and frozen broccoli florets with butter. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic. Continue to cook on medium heat for 10 minutes or until onions are translucent and mushrooms are half their original size.
If it is hot out you can toss in the fridge. It is perfect for a picnic.