I have strawberries growing in the garden. It is probably our third for forth year and this year we are doing well. The plants have already producing a good amount and it is exciting!
Usually I like to toss them in the freezer for smoothies but we also love delicious desserts from fresh fruit. I found this one from Dear Crissy that tried. It is really easy.
It had me at vanilla wafers. I bet I can make it with blueberries too when I harvest them.
Prep Time: 25min.
Total Time: 3hr. 25min.
Servings: 16 servings
What You Need
- 70 vanilla wafers, finely crushed, divided (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 pkg. (3.4 oz each) JELL-O Banana Cream Flavor Instant Pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 2-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
- Heat oven to 325ºF.
- Mix all but ¼ cup. wafer crumbs and butter in 13×9-inch baking dish; press onto bottom of dish. Bake 8 min. Cool 10 min.
- Thinly slice two cups of fresh strawberries. Top crust with sliced strawberries. Beat pudding mixes and milk with whisk 2 min.; spread 2 cups pudding over strawberries.
- Stir 1 cup COOL WHIP into remaining pudding; spread over the dessert. Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate 3 hours. Sprinkle with remaining crushed vanilla wafers when ready to serve.
Recipe and Photo by Crissy Page of Dear Crissy