You have probably started thinking about switching your child’s diet to liquid and solid food. That’s a good idea to start doing once your baby reaches 4-6 months. There are many ways to find out if your child is ready. Actually your child will start giving you clues to let you know that he or she is ready.
Here are ten clues to let you know they are ready
1. Age- Once your child is about 4-6 months it’s right time to start trying.
2. Starts eying your food- If the baby looks at your food, more than his own, that’s definitely a sign that they like your food and want it.
3. Appetite that starts growing- If you notice your baby wanting to eat more, there is a chance they might like to try your food.
4. Better chewing motions- If you think they are able to chew better with better motions, they might be ready.
5. Can Control head- If they are able to keep their head up straight with no support, they can handle it.
6. Stops using “extrusion reflex.- If they stop pushing everything out with their tongue, that’s a sign they might be ready for solid foods.
7. Weight Gain- Once they start gaining weight and are around 15lbs, it might be a good time to switch.
8. Sits well when supported- If they can support their weight, then they will be able to eat the food without choking.
9. Able to respond slightly- If they are able to communicate a bit, then they might be old enough.
10.Tries to touch your food- If they seem interested in your food more than theirs.
If your child is acting like 2-3 of the above, then they are probably ready. Give it a try and see how they react, you never know, they might be better than you think.
Stella Jain is a child expert with her own two daughters and her daycare. She has lots of experince with kids and likes to share information with other moms on how to raise healthy kids. Click here to view her blog for more great information.