This Toffee and Chocolate Meringues recipe is gluten and nut free, depending on the brand of toffee bits that you use. They are light, low in fat, and delightfully airy and delicious.
These cookies came together really fast. You start by whipping some egg whites until they form stiff peaks, slowly incorporating the sugar, and then adding the vanilla. Once that is added and you have stiff, shiny egg whites, you gently mix in the chips and the toffee. Easy Easy!
Spoon small portions onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
Place sheet into a preheated 350 degree oven, and then TURN THE OVEN OFF. Go to bed, and when you wake up your meringues will be perfect! Don’t peek during the night. The oven needs to stay shut.
Remove from the sheet and store in an airtight container or baggie.
Toffee & Chocolate Meringues – Gluten/Nut Free
- 2 large egg whites
- ? cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, and then 1 TBSP at a time, add sugar into the mixer while it is running. After the sugar is completely incorporated into the egg whites, add in your vanilla.
- Using a wooden spoon, very gently mix in the toffee and chocolate chips.
- Spoon tablespoons of the mixture onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees, and then turn OFF the oven. Leave the cookies, undisturbed, overnight. Don’t peek!!
- Remove cookies in the morning and place in a large baggies or other airtight container.