Most people put on a little extra weight during the holidays and are looking for the fastest way to get those pounds off quick. It is not always easy to lose weight fast and some methods only cause disappointment and more weight gain later. Here are five ways to lose weight fast and keep it off.
1. Follow a proper diet plan. A healthy weight loss diet is low in fats and should include plenty of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, protein, and plenty of water. You need to reduce the number of calories you take in. Keep track of the amount of calories you consume every day, you must burn more calories than you eat in order to lose weight. Stay away from sweets as well as soda and other foods containing lots of sugar. Eat lean meat such as chicken or fish instead of beef or pork as they contain fewer calories. Fresh vegetables and salads are a better choice than potatoes and gravy for weight loss.
2. Building muscle with weight training will help you lose weight. Instead of just losing fat, you will be gaining muscle. Muscles burn calories quicker than fat does. Building more muscle mass speeds up your metabolism, which makes you burn more calories and lose weight. If you are not exercising, your metabolism will slow down causing weight gain and weak muscles or muscle loss. Two or three times a week should be enough training with weights to lose excess pounds. Weight training in combination with a proper diet is an essential part of a good weight loss plan.
3. Interval training for weight loss consists of exercising less and losing more fat. When using interval training you eat about thirty minutes before you exercise. Eat a healthy shake or energy bar rather than a heavy meal. This type of weight loss technique consists of vigorous exercise for a short period and then resting or reduced activity. These intervals of resting and strenuous exercise are believed to be more effective in fat loss than moderate exercise commonly used in diet programs. This is the same type of training used by coaches to train athletes.
4. Fasting is a way to lose weight fast and get control over your eating habits. When you end a fast be careful not to go on a binge-eating spree, this will undo any good the fasting has done. There are different ways to fast, some recommend not eating anything at all while others have a specific list of things to eat or drink during the fast. Fasting for long periods is not a healthy way to lose weight, as our body needs vitamins and minerals we get from eating in order to remain healthy. Fasting for a day at a time about twice a month is good for your body and will help you lose weight and keep it off. You need to be careful not to return to bad eating habits after fasting. Avoid daydreaming about all the good food you can eat when the day is over. It is good to drink a beverage designed to cleanse your colon before you have your first meal.
5. Cleansing consists of eating the right foods and supplements in order to cleanse the bodies organs of toxins and waste. The purpose is to clean out the colon and other organs of built up waste to make us healthier and rid us of excess weight. A weight loss diet should include cleansing to be effective in keeping off excess fat. Cleansing in itself will also cause weight loss. Some believe it is the toxins we consume that make us gain weight, Make sure the cleansing product or diet you use is safe; some of these may be dangerous especially if used incorrectly.
All of these are good ways to lose weight after overeating during the holidays. However, they work even better when you combine them into one overall program to lose weight. For maximum weight loss results, make a weight loss plan and stick to it. In order to keep excess weight off you need to change your eating habits permanently if you have an ongoing weight problem.
To learn more about healthy cooking for weight loss you can visit Healthy Cooking Tips For Weight Loss.
If you found this article on the top 5 ways to lose weight helpful you will definitely want to check out [http://www.ProgramsForWeightLoss.com] for many more great weight loss tips and programs.