Ginger-Peach Iced Tea
I'm a ‘Southern Girl', and we love our iced teas. I'm always looking for try something new and different. I've also quit drinking ‘sweet tea' so I like to create refreshing teas with a lot of flavor.
Beat the heat this summer with this refreshingly fruity iced tea. The fruit makes it sweet enough without being overly so. The best part? It is quick and easy! I made this version with my Instant Pot and is ready to enjoy in under 30 minutes! I'm addicted to my Instant Pot and have been working on a lot of recipes to stay tuned!
Related —> Watermelon Mint Lemonade
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes + time to come to pressure
Tip: Remove tea bags as soon as the pressure has been fully released to prevent bitterness. If you prefer stronger tea and want to leave the bags in longer, add a pinch of baking soda prior to brewing.
8 c. water
6 organic black tea bags, paper tags removed
4 fresh peaches, pitted and cut into chunks
1 T. fresh ginger, finely minced
Local honey, to taste
1 fresh peach, cut into thin slices
6-8 fresh mint sprigs
Related —> 5 Family Friendly Mocktails
- Add water, tea bags, peaches, and fresh ginger to Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting on normal for 5 minutes.
- When finished, allow pressure to release naturally (NR) for 10-15 minutes, then do a quick release (QR) to allow the remaining pressure to escape.
- Carefully strain hot tea mixture with a fine mesh strainer to remove the solids. Pour the remaining liquid into a large, heat-resistant pitcher.
- Sweeten with honey, to taste, and stir to combine. Cool slightly before serving over ice with peach slices and sprigs of fresh mint, if desired. Enjoy!