Snowman Bulb Ornament
My girls have been crazy with making ornaments this year. We even went to a friends’ house and they made some fun ornaments with friends. If you are looking for a SIMPLE yet fun ornament I recommend my snowman bulb ornament. Even the little kids can make it with some help.
Clear glass Christmas bulb
Styrofoam fake snow
Black and orange craft paint
2 craft pom poms
Hot glue gun
- Take the top off of the clear glass Christmas ornament and fill it with styrofoam fake snow. The smaller the little pieces of styrofoam, the better this ornament will look. Be sure to put the lid back onto the ornament when you are done.
- Paint two eyes and a coal mouth out of black craft paint onto the front of one side of the glass ornament.
- Use orange craft paint to make a nose on the front of the glass ornament in between the eyes and mouth you just made.
- Once the bulb has dried, use a hot glue gun to attach two craft pom poms to the glass ornament, one on either side of the snowman’s head towards the top of the bulb.
- Twist together two pipe cleaners, thread them through the loop of the top of the ornament and then cut them to size where they come just behind the pom poms that you just glued onto your ornament.
- Use hot glue to attach the pipe cleaners to the back of each craft pom pom. The pipe cleaners will be the band of your snowman’s ear muffs.
- Tie a piece of ribbon into a bow and glue it to the bottom of the snowman ornament.
- Cut a piece of twine and tie it to the top of the ornament to use as a hanger.