This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Chex™. The opinions and text are all mine.
Every year we make goodies for our friends, neighbors, and teachers. Just a little something to say that we are thinking of them and Merry Christmas. We also attend a lot of holiday parties and festivities, and I like to bring a snack. I’m almost cookied-out at this point so I wanted to try something different.
When I moved from Florida to Ohio in my early twenties, I ate Muddy Buddies™ for the first time. I absolutely loved them and was blown away when I saw how easy they are to make.
This year I’m all about easy so I decided to make this spin on the classic Muddy Buddies recipe that includes new Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios™, peanut butter cups and peanuts. It makes a lot so I have something for everyone! It is super-fast and of course – very, very easy.
- 9 cups Rice Chex™ or Corn Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios™ cereal
- 32 miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped, cut in half
- 1 cup salted cocktail peanuts
- In large bowl, measure Chex™ cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Stir in vanilla until well mixed. Pour chocolate mixture over Chex™ cereal in large bowl; stir until well coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag; add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated.
- Add remaining ingredients. Seal bag; shake until well mixed. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
I got everything at Publix where they always have a smile and great deals. Chex cereal and Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheerios can be found in the center of the store.