Today is a rainy day and it isn't 100 degrees in Florida. It's even a little breezy out and we're back to school so I'm telling myself that it is fall. Now I don't feel guilty for making these fall sandwich cookies. Aren't the colors so pretty? They help put me in the mood too and they are pretty easy to make as well.
If you buy the cookie cutter I recommend you can make them into different sizes. I choose the 3.1″ but you can't make them even smaller for little hands.
I like to eat the cookies when they aren't decorated too…. which can be a problem if you are trying to make a certain amount so I like to make a double batch just in case 😉
These fall sandwich cookies are perfect for your fall get-togethers like book club, classroom snacks, and bake sales. Or just for a yummy snack since they are pretty easy to make. Whatever you make them for, they will be a hit.
What you need for these delicious Fall Sandwich Cookies
3/4 Cup sugar
3/4 Cup softened butter
1/2 teaspoon Lorann pumpkin flavoring
2 Cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Black gel icing
Scalloped cookie cutter 3.1″
1. Preheat your oven to 325° and line a couple cookie sheets with parchment paper
2. Beat your softened butter and sugar together for several minutes until light and fluffy using a hand mixer
3. Then mix in your egg and pumpkin flavoring
4. Now mix in your flour one cup at a time
5. Form your dough into a large ball then roll flat with a floured rolling pin
6. Cut out your scalloped circle shapes and place them onto your baking pan
7. Bake for 10 minutes and let cool on your baking sheet
8. Full your decorating bag with chocolate frosting and cut the tip off your decorating bag
9. Once your cookies are cool, place a large swirl of frosting onto one cookie and top off with your lead sprinkles
10. Gently place another cookie onto the top to make fall sandwich cookies