The holidays are always a crazy time for me. The girls have holiday parties and performances, I’m busy working, and it seems everyone wants to get together which is a GOOD thing but I feel like I’m busy all of the time.
- Even as busy as things get we need to remember to take care of ourselves. Remember that as a mom you are primary care taker (in most cases) of the family but you must get your rest. Getting rest helps reduce stress.
2. Take time for yourself. If it is reading a book, reflecting with meditation or prayer, or even a cup of coffee in peace, make that time for yourself.
3. Break out your calendar! Being organized is a huge help. Don’t let parties and the holidays sneak up on you. Being prepared reduces stress and you’ll have more time for yourself.
4. Sneak in that exercise. The cookies add pounds quickly. I add at least 40 minutes of cardio a day. It helps me stay balanced. Even if you take the stairs instead of the elevator, that adds up as well.
5. Make sure you are eating the right foods. I feel like we are baking all of the time but I keep plenty of fruit and vegetables on hand.