In honor of Children’s Book Week May 7 through May 13, Sylvan Dell Publishing will be offering 70 award-winning eBooks free on their website at www.sylvandellpublishing.com. Participants will have access to Sylvan Dell’s full eBook Site License including eBooks with auto-flip, auto-read, and selectable English and Spanish text and audio. This is in addition to free activities available every day on the Sylvan Dell Publishing website including a “For Creative Minds” educational section, 40-70 pages of free teaching activities, three quizzes, and a related websites page for each title.
Many Sylvan Dell authors and illustrators will also be participating in Children’s Book Week events across the country, including:
- Jennifer Keats Curtis, author of Baby Owl’s Rescue, Turtles In My Sandbox, and fall 2012’s Animal Helpers: Wildlife Rehabilitators.
- Jean Heilprin Diehl, author of Three Little Beavers and Loon Chase.
- Suzanne Slade, author of The Great Divide, Multiply On the Fly, The Great Divide, What’s New at the Zoo?, and Animals are Sleeping.
- Janet Halfmann, author of Home In the Cave, Fur and Feathers, and Little Skink’s Tail.
- Scotti Cohn, author of BIG Cat, Little Kitty and One Wolf Howls.
- Donna Love, author of The Glaciers are Melting! and Henry the Impatient Heron.
- Janet Ruth Heller, author of How the Moon Regained Her Shape.
- Christina Wald, illustrator of Habitat Spy, Little Red Bat, Henry the Impatient Heron, and Sylvan Dell Publishing fall 2012’s A Warm Winter Tail.
- Carole Gerber, author of Little Red Bat.
- Cathy Morrison, illustrator of Three Little Beavers, Animalogy, and spring 2013’s Nature Recycles.
- Carol A Cole, author of The Penguin Lady.
For a complete listing of times and locations for author events, visit www.sylvandellpublishing.com/
Sylvan Dell Publishing’s mission is to excite children’s imaginations with artistically spectacular science, math, and nature-themed stories. Founded in November of 2004, Sylvan Dell has grown to include more than 75 authors and illustrators in the United States and Canada, and 70 titles—honored as finalists or winners of over 70 book awards. Sylvan Dell’s Science and Math Through Literature Program integrates science, math, geography, character skills, and language learning through fun, cross-curricular activities.