Burlap Ribbon Christmas Tree Craft
No matter what design style your home has, Christmas decorations help make it cozy and inviting. I love to make my own Christmas decorations, it makes the house feel ‘homier’. Rustic accents like this burlap ribbon Christmas tree craft are among my favorite.
Another easy craft I have that the kids can help with is Christmas Doorknob Decorations.
- Various types and widths of burlap ribbon with wire
- Styrofoam cylinder form
- Push pins
- Hot glue gun
- Pine cones or other small decorations for the top
- Begin by cutting short lengths of your widest ribbon. These should be only a couple of inches long. Form each piece of cut ribbon into a loop and put a pushpin through the top where the two loose ends meet.
- Attach the pinned loop of ribbon to the bottom of your Styrofoam form just an inch or two from the bottom.
- Continue to create a ring of looped ribbon all the way around the bottom.
- Once you have finished one row, go to your next widest ribbon and continue the process to create another layer of pinned loops of ribbon just an inch or two above the last row.
- Keep making layers of looped ribbon all the way up the Styrofoam form. You can see the photo for reference as to what this should look like.
- When you get to the final layer of looped ribbon, use hot glue to secure the loop closed and attach it to the Styrofoam form. You want to use hot glue and not pins on this layer so that no pins will be visible on your burlap ribbon tree.
- Once finished with the layers, hot glue a small pine cone or other embellishment to the top of your burlap ribbon tree to complete the decor.