About the movie –
THE NUT JOB is an action-packed comedy in fictional Oakton that follows the travails of Surly (voiced by Will Arnett), a mischievous squirrel, and his rat friend Buddy, who plan a nut store heist of outrageous proportions and unwittingly find themselves embroiled in a much more complicated and hilarious adventure.
We’re getting all pumped up for the movie. Here is a recipe to get you excited for the movie too!
Movie comes out January 17, 2014 and we can’t wait!
Watch the Movie Trailer
Fruit and Nut Snack Bars
These are easy to make and delicious!
- 1 cup quick cooking or old fashioned oats
- 1 cup spoon-size shredded wheat cereal
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1½ cups dried fruit (choose one or more of the following: raisins, cherries, apricots, cranberries, prunes)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil or coat an 8 x 8-inch baking pan or dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the oats, shredded wheat, walnuts, dried fruit, and cinnamon in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped (the fruit should be the size of a dried pea or lentil).
- Whisk together the eggs, honey, and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Add the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan, and flatten gently with the back of a spoon or rubber spatula.
- Bake about 18 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown. Let cool completely in pan before slicing into twelve 2 x 2½- inch bars.
Burst Media and The Nut Job movie are giving one Lucky Taking Time for Mommy reader a $50 AMC gift card to see the movie and buy Yummy AMC popcorn and drinks! Fill out the form below to enter!