Speedy Sauteed Shrimp Pasta
Everyone is busy on weeknights, right? We all need a few go to recipes to get dinner on the table quickly, and that the whole family will enjoy. For me chicken and shrimp are two proteins that 9 times out of 10 everyone will eat. It amazes me how quickly my 7 year old will eat shrimp, he can’t get enough! Shrimp has next to no calories, and is really good for you. So I know I am serving my family something that is good for them.
This pasta comes together very quickly. I made it in probably 20 minutes one night. My husband and I went to donate blood at 4:00 on a weeknight. We were debating about stopping for dinner on the way home, given it was almost 5:30 by the time we got out of there. But we are trying to eat a little healthier, so we decided to just go home. I put the water on to boil, and by the time the pasta was cooked, we were ready to eat!
You can adjust the heat level for your family, but adding more crushed red pepper. My 7 year old doesn’t like any heat, so I went super mild. If it was just me and my husband, I would have doubled the red pepper. I also use a whole grain pasta with added fiber, so I feel better about us eating pasta more often.
I am always sharing new recipes over at my site; Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts. Stop by and say Hi!
Speedy Sauteed Shrimp & Pasta
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 12 oz thin spaghetti
- 3 Tbls olive oil
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 oz large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ? cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbls fresh lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Add onions, and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper, and saute until the onions are soft and translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp, and cook until the shrimp are pink, about 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in sun-dried tomatoes and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss together with cooked pasta.
- Serve immediately.
- Drizzle with additional olive oil if desired.
- Store any leftovers in an air tight container for up to 3 days
Adapted from The Weekend Gourmet
Lisa K says
This looks yummy! A fast gourmet meal my family is sure to love. I can cook this on a busy night like after my Daughters brownie meeting. I think I need to check out the rest of your recipes to see what else we will enjoy. Thank you for sharing. 🙂
This does look quick and easy. I will definitely try it.
Aaron Shapiro says
This looks wonderful! Definitely going to give it a try.
Jerry Marquardt says
This dish looks so good, I wasn’t even hungry and I want it. I got the recipe, and I will try this one out.
Looks yummy! Thank you for the recipe