Wine Cork Santa’s Elf Ornament
I have to say that I love wine. Sometimes the wine has a screw cap and sometimes it has a cork…. I have a lot of corks laying around. I’m always looking for something fun to do with them. I’ve made a few cork crafts including this adorable wine cork Santa’s elf ornament
- Wine cork
- Red holiday Hershey Kiss
- Red craft paint
- Green glitter paint
- Small white craft pom pom
- Black Sharpie marker
- Green sparkly pipe cleaner
- Low temperature hot glue gun
- Thick green yarn
- Begin by painting the bottom ? of a wine cork with red paint all of the way around the cork.
- Once the red paint has dried, use green glitter paint to paint the shape of overalls onto the front of the wine cork over top of the red paint. You can see the photo for reference on how to do this.
- When the paint has dried, use a black Sharpie marker to draw a face onto the front of your wine cork elf.
- Use a low temperature hot glue gun to glue a red holiday Hershey Kiss to the top of your wine cork.
- Cut a small piece of thick green yarn and glue it around the edge of the top of the wine cork in between the edge of the wine cork and the bottom of the Hershey Kiss, this will be the brim of your elf’s hat.
- Glue a small white craft pom pom to the top of the Hershey Kiss and slightly off to the side.
- Cut off the Hershey Kiss ribbon if you like. You can leave it if you prefer the way it looks.
- Cut a sparkly green pipe cleaner in half and glue it in a loop to the back of the wine cork. This will be the hanger for your ornament.