One of my favorite soups of all time is Pasta Fagioli and Olive Garden’s is the best so I made a Copycat Olive Garden Crockpot PASTA FAGIOLI. It is so delicious and inexpensive to make. I make a huge pot and we have it for a couple of meals. It is especially great with nice bread sticks like Olive Garden’s too.
If you try this let me know how you liked it.
? 3 tablespoons of olive oil
? 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
? 2 large Carrots, chopped
? 2 celery Stalks, chopped
? 1 onion, chopped
? 1 14oz/400g can of chopped tomatoes or pureed tomatoes
? 1 quart/400ml chicken or vegetable stock
? 2 Cans Cannellini Beans
? 1 (3-inch) piece Parmesan rind (optional, but if you
? can get a hold of it, it adds a lot of flavor).
? 1¼ cups/125g Small Pasta (ie – Small shells or ditalini)
? A couple of good handfuls of Flat leaf parsley, chopped
? Salt & Pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large stock pot, then cook the onion, carrot and celery until soft.
2. Add the garlic and cook another minute.
3. Once cooked put into the crockpot along with the stock, 1 can of beans (adding the liquid from the beans will add extra thickness to the soup) Parmesan rind (if using) and chopped tomatoes,
4. Puree or mash the 2nd can of beans with a little of the liquid from the can and then add it to the crockpot. Cook on low 5-6 hours or on high for 2-3
6. Serve in bowls topped grated Italian cheese and a sprinkling of chopped parsley if you wish